- Cessation of menstrual bleeding
- Hot flash – night sweat
- Vaginal dryness – painful sexual intercourse
- Sleeplessness - palpitation
- Angriness – amnesia – crying spells, sometimes depression
- Dryness of skin, hair breakage and loss
- Tendency to gain weight
- Joint pain – osteoporosis
- FSH-LH are elevated, estradiol is reduced in requested tests.
- DHEA and DHEA-SO4 do not change.
- Testosterone is slightly reduced.
Before initiating HRT (hormone replacement treatment), gynecologic examination and transvaginal ultrasound of the person should be performed, Pap smear test should be applied, blood tests (hemogram and complete biochemistry) and urine analysis should be requested, ultrasound of breasts and mammography should be done, and bone mineral densitometry should be requested. HRT treatment should be privatized for the person.
Conditions in which HRT treatment will not be applied;
Those who receive treatment for breast or uterine cancer
- Those who experienced a new heart attack
- Those who have a story of stroke-cerebrovascular embolism
- Those who have hepatic disease
- Those who have uncontrolled diabetes-hypertension-heart disease
- Those who have a story of stone in the gallbladder
- Those who have severe migraine
- Those who have big and multiple myomas